Every church has its own style of worship. At St. John's, we try to make worship as guest-friendly as possible.
You'll receive a service folder as you walk into our sanctuary. This has all of the information you'll need to follow along with the service.
We'll sing. Both traditional and modern hymns - we love them all.
Many of our services are liturgical in style, meaning we follow the same outline each week, but the content changes based on the scripture and topics we're studying.
The service will be about an hour long, with a 15-20 minute sermon. The message is always rooted in the truth of the Bible, but it will also apply to your life, today.
Our worship services usually include the following parts:
- The Invocation - We call on the name of our Savior Lord as we praise him with a song.
- Confessing sins and Hearing Forgiveness - We confess that we have not always done what God asks. Then we are assured of full, free forgiveness because of what Jesus Christ has done for us.
- Bible Readings - We hear selections from God's Old Testament prophets, Jesus' apostles, and from Jesus himself in the Gospels.
- Sermon - Our pastor offers instruction and encouragement in a Bible-based sermon. We hear how we can expect God's guidance and grace for dealing with the problems of life, as well as the promise of eternal life in heaven through Jesus.
- Response to the Word - We respond with offerings, hymns, and prayers in thanks for the things God has promised to us and for strength to do what he has asked.
- Parting blessing - We hear one last assurance of God's care.
Mixed throughout these different parts of our service are hymns and short songs to praise God.